Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Are you bored?

During the first few months of marriage it was plenty hectic getting used to new schedule after the wedding and the whole jet lag and missing family thing going on. It was during this time the boss was getting the boredom virus which refused to go away even after treatment by movies, food and magazines. It was then with great trepidation an anxiety she said to me I am bored.

I gleefully announced "Fear not my lady, for I have the panacea right here" and proudly and unmagically produce a rectangoloid object originated from Russia "borrowed" from a classmate. The said object was revered for years and had been my companion through various nights of passion. It had never failed to stimulate me and through the years my respect for it grew and then steadied.

It was a feared one for novices and even seasoned veterans acknowledge it like a great opponent or a warrior. It was Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov. While I was narrating how my friends and I would be creating (not solving) physics problems while sitting on the terrace or by the college tennis courts my woman was horrified by the suggestion. She could not even fathom how I could suggest something which is close to blasphemy of entertainment.

I did confess apriori that I was a geek. But I guess the degree of geekness was left to imagination. Even now she thinks twice before claiming boredom lest I bring out the two pound 500 page linux manual.

So who won this round

No comments: