Sunday, August 5, 2007

The good bye

I had not seen my room mate or heard her since two days. Even if I don't see usually I hear her. I was busy with looming deadlines. Once in awhile she did have a habit of being quiet but that did not last for hours much less days. I never understood these phases that well. The friendship had stuck right from the first day we met. We were not the reluctant room mates though she would not have been my first choice.

At first I was alarmed but I could not call up the police either. Legally we were allowed one per room. I had not much choice but to keep fingers crossed till she showed up eventually or risk the music of justice. I remember the days when she was sick adn I used to feed her. It was time consuming ordeal to cajole some food through her mouth. She had given me courage in ways she never knew or probably could ever understand. We could never communicate in any normal sense but her mere presence would elevate my moods and heighten my spirits.

In an attempt to keep my mind away from any desolate thoughts of her I started cleaning up a strange stench caught my attention. As I looked past my window I could see her on the edge of the sill where her maiden flight ended.


-Originally written in 98 or then abouts

No comments: