Sunday, June 17, 2007

Curious Kitten

It is raining kittens and puppies, my other half said as she handed over a samosa with chutney. We havent unanimously decided who is the better one yet.

My arched brows of suprise gave away my inability to get her weird sense of humor. She sighed a good sigh (what's a good sigh anyway) and explained that it was something between a drizzle and a downpour. Aah I exclaimed nodding my head meanwhile blissfully returned my attention to the half bitten steaming samosa. When the weather gets gloomy my lady gets the blues, so in anticipation I had picked up samosas to lighten up her mood. food for mood as she called it.

With my pampered behind parked in the confines of a wailing recliner my calls for water were unanswered. All I heard was a slight hint of giggle followed by a hearty laugh. Being the Sherlock holmes without the talent nor affinity for cigars I peeped into the kitchen to see her slouched over the counter reading something. My stealth entrance with the bond music brought her back and I noticed her samosa still untouched beside the wrapped paper which she was reading intently. With my musical entrance she turned around and asked me 'How old do you have to be to use humoungosity in a sentence'. A slight bell rang mutedly in the remote corner of my brain as the electric pulses rushed to retrieve a memory when I first invented the word. I was about to reply when she started reading the passage "Working wife vs house wife - the debate continues". I rushed to literally snatch the paper out of her hands and a familiar handwriting a nostalgia brought on a rush much like meeting an old friend unexpectedly. Yes it was an essay written by yours truly decades ago. The raddi wala I shouted , must have sold this to the mithaiwala where I bought the samosas. Mystery solved I declared as I returned my attention to the other samosa on the counter which I was sure was feeling neglected.

Not so fast Mr cutie pants I want to read the rest of it. A mental alarm rang louder this time. My panic system works better than the logical side of my brain. Please make you wonderful chai to go with this samosa I pleaded and madee what I thought was a cute face with a smitten smile. She relented and said this is not over you know. I have been married long enough to know that I thought in my head sighed mentally knowing that within next ten minutes my memory cells would have to work overtime with my creative juices to alevate the next round.

No comments: